As we all know, breastmilk provides the best nourishment for our precious babes. However, breastmilk is a miracle liquid… it has multiple uses besides being eaten! Here’s 10 alternative uses for breastmilk!
- Prevent/cure a diaper rash. All you have to do is squirt some onto the bum and let it air dry!
- Remove cradle cap. Massage some of that liquid gold onto their scalp and then use a baby comb or brush!
- Clear up baby acne. Just rub some milk onto the affected areas. It goes away almost immediately! (Ok, more so within 24 hours, but that’s still pretty fast!)
- Cure ear infections. Put a few drops into the infected ear every few hours.
- Relieve itchiness. Chicken Pox, poison ivy, bug bites, you name it. Either by a milk bath or dabbing it on with a cotton ball, breastmilk helps relieve itchiness!
- Help cure sickness and fevers. All you really got to do is nurse more frequently.
- Relieve sunburn. Like lotion, rub the breastmilk on for some relief. You can even try making breastmilk lotion!
- Make breastmilk lotion and soap. There are many recipes out there. Breastmilk is very nourishing for the skin, so expect to have great feeling skin!
- Making food. Yep! Basically anything that calls for milk can use breastmilk! Some examples are soup, popsicles, coffee creamer, and ice cream!
- Make breastmilk jewelry. This has become a popular trend. You can either have someone do it, or you can get a DIY kit and make it yourself!
What else do you like to use that liquid gold for? Leave a comment below so we can all learn!