I apologize for this late post.. I’m sure you know what it’s like with having a new baby (as I sit here typing this and holding a binky in Jannah’s mouth as she fights sleep). I decided to do a post that’s light and humorous (well I hope anyways). Introducing *drum roll* 5 struggles of a new parent.
- Using the bathroom. I admit.. I’ve had to go once or twice while feeding her. Oh come on, I’m sure you have too! Oh, and if not, you’re making it a 2 second trip because she is sceaming bloody murder.
- “Ah, finally asleep.” *Gets up to make food.* *Baby cries.* “Or not…” In these moments I’ve learned to put the carrier on and just wear her. Or else I’d never see food again.
- This one is for my public transportaton peeps. Being on a quiet bus when suddenly your baby decides to scream bloody murder. This makes me want to crawl under a rock!
- Being out somewhere and a major blowout happens… but only to find you forgot an extra outfit. So now you’re frantically trying to figure out what to do.
- Defending your ways of parenting. This could be an entire post of its own really. “When are you going to stop breastfeeding?” “Why cloth diapers?” “Stop holding her, you’re spoiling her!” “Give her some food, my son did and he’s ok!” Oh.. just let me slap them. No matter what we choose, we will always have critics.
Can you relate to any of these? What are some other struggles you go through?